dual master cylinder

garyc

I have seen a few '63-64 Avanti's with dual master cylinders.

How difficult is it to make this conversion? Parts recomended?

For an excellent source of technical data on Studebaker's and Avanti cars please visit Bob Johnstone's website

http://www.studebaker-info.org/

The dual master cylinder information can be found by clicking on Bob's technical pages and then click on master cylinders in the index list. I believe a dual master from a large block V8 MOPAR car form early to mid seventies will mount directly to Studebaker power booster. (Please note the information above on doing the above conversion, especially about pressure tail light switch). If you would like to order a ready to install kit from one of the many Studebaker vendors please search TW and or Avanti magazine advertisements.

I think Myers Studebaker, Ohio and Dave Thibeault, Maine both carry dual master cylinder conversion kits for the Avanti.

I hope this helps,

I bought Dave Thibeault's master cylinder conversion. It comes as a complete kit. It uses a pressure switch for the brake lights as well. I have not installed it as yet but it seems straight forward. I believe I will also continue to use DOT 3 brake fluid at least for the time being.

RD Maxon