The Other Avanti

rdmaxon

I have always really liked the look of this aircraft but had not thought I would see one in person. They are fairly rare in the States. Short story: I saw this one land at the Airport in Abingdon,Va and was allowed out on the ramp to shoot some pictures. This particular aircraft is owned/operated by Avantair. Hey,90K buys you 25 hours. Sign me up. :lol:

AvantiRadiator040a.jpg

AvantiRadiator042a.jpg

AvantiRadiator045a.jpg

AvantiRadiator046a.jpg

RD Maxon

:lol:

I have always really liked the look of this aircraft but had not thought I would see one in person. They are fairly rare in the States. Short story: I saw this one land at the Airport in Abingdon,Va and was allowed out on the ramp to shoot some pictures. This particular aircraft is owned/operated by Avantair. Hey,90K buys you 25 hours. Sign me up. :lol:

It looks a lot like the Beechcraft "Starship" that Burt Rutan designed. The Starship looks better!

Charlie RQB3921 :lol:

AvantiRadiator040a.jpg

AvantiRadiator042a.jpg

AvantiRadiator045a.jpg

AvantiRadiator046a.jpg

RD Maxon

Nice shots.

I've seen a couple flying, but not up close. There was a guy in Austin, Texas with one and he let his pilot base it in Abilene and communte with it.

Then a couple of months ago, I saw mone in Nice, France on the Riveria...it looked at home there.

I wish you would have got some pictures of this flying Avanti with your Avanti! I'd love to use a shot of both avantis (aircraft and car) together for our Avanti calendar.

Lew

I'll see what I can do to make that happen! Thats for sure.

RD Maxon

I wish you would have got some pictures of this flying Avanti with your Avanti! I'd love to use a shot of both avantis (aircraft and car) together for our Avanti calendar.

Lew