What the Shop Manual Won't Tell You.

jeffdgale

Multi-part question.1) anyone have or used this book, and if so what do you think about it's applicability for an Avanti II? I already have a Studebaker Avanti Shop Manuel and a GM Shop Manuel for the SBC.2) anyone have a used copy they want to sell me via PayPal. Stan Doesn't take PayPal and I don't really want to mail a check or Money Order?Thanks.

Edited by jeffdgale

I have an 81 and have used the book from time to time. It's worth having, that's for sure.

I'm surprised the author doesn't take Paypal. I believe there is a slight % charge for using it; why not just add this to the total?

As a merchant who takes credit cards, I find the slight loss of $ is worth the convenience for the customer.

I have the book...found the section on installing a mechanical brake light switch most helpful. That was one of the best modifications I've made to the car as well as the Turner Brake Conversion.

I have used it for my 74, and sometimes found it useful. One weakness I have found is that sometimes the specific year of the Avanti II repair/procedure is not identified. Many of us know that Avanti Motors changed vendors for some assemblies from time to time, and that can make repairs more challenging. In particular, no two cars seem to be wired exactly the same way, so wiring diagrams would really be a big help. The Gundry book shows quite a few wiring diagrams without any indication about which year they describe.