Favorite Stude?

Zach

The GT Hawk...one of the most handsome cars ever designed...particularly the '64 with vinyl half roof. Add an R-series engine and full R-package and you've got a really great car.

The GT Hawk...one of the most handsome cars ever designed...particularly the '64 with vinyl half roof. Add an R-series engine and full R-package and you've got a really great car.

In Spite of some fitting problems, the 53 hard top was the best looking American car ever produced.

I always felt that the overall best was the 61-68 E-Type Jaguar, second was the 53 Studebaker hard top ,and number three, the 64-85 Avanti.

Charlie RQB3921

Not because of what it was - but because of what it would become .....

I aways was more than fond of a 1966 Lark Daytona Coupe. But - it had to be (over) LOADED;

with the Chevy V-8, the 3 speed Auto, those bucket seats, the vinyl top, and all the remainder groups & packages.

In & On itself it was "Just okay" ~ but it was much more. It was a decent, peppy, comfortable sporty coupe and it carried the Stude nameplate up to the heavens. The only place one ever sees them, is at car shows, and you'd probably have to go to more than a dozen, 'til you found one.

It was the curtain call for Stude. Also loved HER kid brother, the Wagoneer with the sliding roof panel.

Edited by Sandy B.

• 3 weeks later...

The 1956 Sky Hawk. The Looks of the Golden Hawk, The performance of a Hawk. A rare bird indeed. Very few are known to survive. Mine was a Emerald Green/Ivory interior/exterior. 289, 4 barrell, 3 speed o/d, TT, Radio, one owner. Then the Avanti, followed by the GT Hawk and the Cruiser coupe's.

George Wendell

• 12 years later...

This old post just 'surfaced", and I thought the question interesting!........After the Avanti, which I feel is the nicest Studebaker to drive, I'd choose the '55 President Speedster.