1989 front coil spring replacement

billmfd3

a friend has a 1989 coupe. He replaced his front coil springs about a year ago due to harsh ride. It was OK but recently the front seems to have sagged with only an inch or so of travel before it hits the bump stops. I know the car is a Caprice underneath. Are there any part number or measurements for some heavy duty replacements, thanks...

I replaced all four of my springs in 1993, when I purchased my 1989 Avanti with 55,000 miles. It has been a long time, but I remember that GM made five (5) different spring packages for the Caprice. (I'm guessing - V6, V8, Station wagon, Taxi, Squad.) I selected the middle springs.

The springs had to be cut about 1 1/2 coils because the Avanti sat too high with those springs.

The ride IS firm.

I'd check and see if there are any "progressive" springs available. That might be the perfect answer.

http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/suspension-springs.html

Thanks, I'll pass on the info. This car is more of a pain to get parts for than my 94 rx7....

What? There are 800 million (maybe not quite that many) 1987-1989 Chevy Caprices in the junk yard. So get parts!