Mattel Hot Wheels Studebaker Avanti

okc63avanti

I picked up a Hot Wheels Classics Series 5 (3 of 30) Studebaker Avanti this week at my local Wal-Mart. This series is new to 2009. My Hot Wheels Avanti is in Spectraflame Candy Green but apparently it is also available in Spectraflame Candy Orange as well.

Here's some pictures ...

Avanti_Orange.jpg

Avanti-Green.jpg

Thanks for the information. I have never been to a Walmart, but maybe I will stop on the way home from work in NY to see if they have more.

Thanks again, Mark

I've checked at a couple of additional Wal-Marts here locally in the OKC area and haven't found another one since I found a green one about a week ago. I was hoping to find an orange one. The series that the Avanti is being released into is new to 2009 with the first cars hitting the stores in February. There are 30 cars in the series and one of the ones is called "Studa-Becker". I couldn't find any pre-release photos of this one on the internet yet, my guess is its a custom version of a bullet nose. I suspect that the individual cars in this 30 car series are phased in over the year. Perhaps the orange Avanti will show up at a later date.