Radio Speakers

attrite1

The front speaker was standard with the AM radio. The rear speaker was an option. The front is 4"x10" and I believe the rear is 5"x7". I think the radio was a delete option, though I've not seen an Avanti without one.

My 64 R2 R5470 had a rear speaker on the bill sheet. That option was $12.00 when ordered. I just replaced front & rear speakers. The rear speaker is very shallow, very low profile as it sits just above gas tank.

The fader dial is white and sits below the dash to the right of the steering column.

• 3 weeks later...

My 63 Avanti also had factory AM radio with front and rear speakers. I am having it restored now and would like to know what sizes the speakers are. Is the front and rear speakers the same size? The parts manual has different part nos. for front and rear speakers but doesn't list their sizes. The maunal only has a picture of front speaker and by looking at the size of the oval I would have to guest 4" x 10" is the rear speaker the same size? Also what wattage and ohms should be used for replacement speakers.

Thanks,