Avanti Sightings

Ernie

The weather was finally nice in the Chicago area, so I drove my Avanti 80 miles Sunday and Monday. Did anyone see me?

Let's have some fun and have a site where we can post each time we see an Avanti. We can post the date, time, location, and color of the Avanti.

Let's see what happens, OK? OK!

Ernie N

Other than a regional SDC meet a few years ago, the only Avanti sighting I've had is my own! Oh yeah, Gunsliinger stopped by with his red '02 several years ago . . .

Maybe we should move to Chicago!

Joe M in WV

My wife and I drove our Brand-X to Livonia, Michigan, yesterday to attend the unveiling of the 2010 Roush Mustang.

http://www.roushperformance.com/performanc...2010/427r.shtml

On the way home, by Ann Arbor, Michigan, I spotted a 1953-1955 Corvette eastbound on I-94. Naturally, it was white in color.

I think spotting an Avanti is easier than seeing an original 'Vette!

I saw a '63 Avanti for sale right below Mt. Airy NC. It is sitting with some other vehicles at an old gas station. I stopped and took a look. Its mostly complete but in sad shape. It would need a frame off nut and bolt restoration.

Richard

I drove my 64 R2 into NYC about a month ago after doing mechanicals for 5 months on weekends. I drove 60 miles from my home in NJ and parked infront of the United Nations for a photo shoot then drove around the corner to a new business AVANTI EXPRESSO on 2nd ave and 44th Street. My car is R5470 which was bought last summer from the second owner. This R2 is well documented as the first owner put on a Porche grill on the front and a reverse hood scoop. Currently the car is in the shop having the grill and scoop removed and the body prepared for paint in the original color of Avanti maroon.

I will add photo pictures on Monday when I get that memory card.

Mark

. My car is R5470 which was bought last summer from the second owner. This R2 is well documented as the first owner put on a Porsche grill on the front and a reverse hood scoop. Currently the car is in the shop having the grill and scoop removed and the body prepared for paint in the original color of Avanti maroon.

Mark

Thank you for making the Avanti beautful again! :excl::)

Ernie N

Here's one from yahoo groups:

I stopped by the hardware store on my way home from work tonight. As I'm walking back out into the parking lot, what goes rumbling by... but an Avanti I'd never seen before ( the store is 3 or 4 miles from my home). He ends up parking a few spots down from my car ( the daily driver brand x). I talked with him briefly before he rushed into Safeway. It was a blue 83 with a superb looking creme interior. 21k original miles.

Why was this an "again?" About 5 or 6 years ago, when we lived in another town, I was walking out of another store just in time to see a gold 63 rumble by. he didn't stop, and I never saw the car again.

Jeff