Control Arm Bushings

Ed M

I am new to Avanti's - got an '81 6 weeks ago.  I have a great mechanic who has gone over the car, replaced and repaired a couple of minor items, and pronounced it ready for a cross-country trip if I decide to do that.

One thing it needs are control arm bushings - he can't find them anywhere.  Where can I get 4 control arm bushings for an '81 Avanti II

Ed M

Your profile does not list your location, I would suggest a vendor near you.  you may also want to join an Avanti Chapter nearest you. Dave Thibeault  in Maynard Ma., Olympus Avanti in Tennessee,  Studebaker International  in Indiana, Dan Booth in Wixom  Michigan, are some of the vendors.   I would also suggest that you get familiar with Bob Johnstone's Studebaker/Avanti  web site.   Welcome aboard Club Avanti!!   Lou Cote

My car was in the shop - just got it back and I am completing my profile.  RQB 3318 is the serial number.  Bob Johnstone's site lists a couple of options for the bushings - thanks.

Short story: I went to school in South Bend from 66-70.  In 68 I found the Avanti factory and would go down and watch from a viewing station as they hand assembled a few cars at a time.  There was one that was school bus yellow with a zebra striped black and white interior.  By the time I left I wanted on of these cars.  Every 10 years or so I would look at what was available, but never pulled the trigger.  Well I recently looked again and found this one that had a new engine, new paint and new interior at a very reasonable price.  My lovely wife said "you've wanted one of these for 50 years, you better buy it" - so I did.  Having a great time on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Ed Minch

6 hours ago, Ed M said:

My car was in the shop - just got it back and I am completing my profile.  RQB 3318 is the serial number.  Bob Johnstone's site lists a couple of options for the bushings - thanks.

Short story: I went to school in South Bend from 66-70.  In 68 I found the Avanti factory and would go down and watch from a viewing station as they hand assembled a few cars at a time.  There was one that was school bus yellow with a zebra striped black and white interior.  By the time I left I wanted on of these cars.  Every 10 years or so I would look at what was available, but never pulled the trigger.  Well I recently looked again and found this one that had a new engine, new paint and new interior at a very reasonable price.  My lovely wife said "you've wanted one of these for 50 years, you better buy it" - so I did.  Having a great time on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Ed Minch

Great story Ed.....Good to have you 'on board'!:)