Radio removal

avantifred

Have a '64 R2 ...no AC.... How do I remove the Radio from the dash. There is NO info in the shop book

DISCONNECT the battery. You will need to remove the passenger side panel (carpeted) of the console to help with the removal. Remove the bolt holding the radio to the "Z" bar and the antenna lead and the connector for the speaker and power. Pull the knobs off and remove the hex nuts from the control bushings. You should now be able to remove the radio by working it out through the open side of the console.

Bob

DISCONNECT the battery. You will need to remove the passenger side panel (carpeted) of the console to help with the removal. Remove the bolt holding the radio to the "Z" bar and the antenna lead and the connector for the speaker and power. Pull the knobs off and remove the hex nuts from the control bushings. You should now be able to remove the radio by working it out through the open side of the console.

Bob

Thanks for the reply Bob, I'll try it as soon as my back recovers from todays under dash work on the heater core installation with all new hoses & gaskets !

Thanks again & Happy new year,

Fred