Back to the origional steering setup

Bob Fouts

OK I've decided to reinstall the origional steering in my 85 with the Studebaker frame. As luck would have it, I kept all the old parts except the power steering bell crank and the two tie rods. My question is: will any Lark or Hawk parts fit or do I need certain years/models to obtain the above parts? Further, does somebody have these for sale? Thanks Bob Fouts

Looking at Studebaker International's catalog, the bellcranks are the same and the tie rod itself is the same for all '51-'66 cars and Avanti's through '85. The tie rod ends are the same as '64-'66 cars and Avanti's '64-'85. The parts available from them but are not inexpensive...there's also a core charge of $100 for the bellcrank.

You can look around for vendors that might have the parts cheaper, but most of the time the prices are pretty much the same.

• 2 months later...
OK I've decided to reinstall the origional steering in my 85 with the Studebaker frame. As luck would have it, I kept all the old parts except the power steering bell crank and the two tie rods. My question is: will any Lark or Hawk parts fit or do I need certain years/models to obtain the above parts? Further, does somebody have these for sale? Thanks Bob Fouts

I fell very confident that the lark part will fit (without a doubt). As you know Avanti body's were dropped on Lark chasis. Thus no change was made to steering components. Neuman Altman and/or other have these parts in stock for premium prices. Good Luck..TKP