interested in buying 63

MARK

I just settled with an insurance company for the carrier that destroyed my 73 during transport from Ft. Lauderdale to NJ

I am looking to buy a real nice 63 R1 or R2. An original car that has been well maintained and not one that will need $10K to make me happy. So, keep me in mind, I am ready to spend the check before my wife notices the increase in my account.

Mark

Well, I found a real interesting 64 R2. the original owner added a hood scoop, front grill from a porche and added more bumper parts. Sort of looks like someone with a few lower teeth sticking up. Not to worry, after going through all the mechanicals, I will restore the body and paint to original. this car has previously been photographed and documented in earlier Avanti magazines.

Edited by MARK

I just settled with an insurance company for the carrier that destroyed my 73 during transport from Ft. Lauderdale to NJ

I am looking to buy a real nice 63 R1 or R2. An original car that has been well maintained and not one that will need $10K to make me happy. So, keep me in mind, I am ready to spend the check before my wife notices the increase in my account.

Mark

Tell us how the '73 got destroyed! Sorry to hear it!!

Tell us how the '73 got destroyed! Sorry to hear it!!

My 73 was totally restored and looking great and driving better. I was having the car moved from Ft. Lauderdale to NJ for the summer. The transport company out of Cooper City Florida SHOWTIME TRANSPORTATION picked up and photographed the car on schedule. The drive caused an accident and was ticketed. The front and rear end have some fiberglass damage as expected as well as bumber damage. Lots of stress cracks and other issues. The primary is the frame is cracked, torn, bent and has separated from the body.

I am selling the car as is to the body shop who will do some repairs and try to resale.

I settled well with the insurance company only after many many many calls.

Edited by MARK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I seem to be blocked from sending you a private message.

1) can someone look into it?

2) I have a lead on a fully working '63 R2 that works well, send e-mail to 63Avanti@sterkel.org

quickly, there is another person interested.

Sorry for the response delay. I just purchased a 64 R2 from the son of a Studebaker dealer from 1930-1966. Though the car needs paint and some minor glass work, mechanically the car is great, the interior looks new too.

Thanks for the reply, my 73 is in Long Branch NJ and can be seen. I will sell the car complete. Asking price is at least $8500 as I have $40K of receipts in it, yea crazy for a 73 I know, but then, its an Avanti.

If you want to call try my cell 917 714 8584

Mark