Window Regulator for 89 Conv.

89conv

The Left Rear Window Regulator on my 89 Avanti Convertible is bad. Does anyone know what cars originally used these, I'm have a difficult time tracking down the replacement. The motors are good the cables bad. And it looks like they actually welded the regulator channel to their metal frames, so rather than grinding the welds and re-welding in the new ones I just want to strip the parts of the new ones to rebuild the old tracks in place.

Here is the information I was able to retrieve off the old one:

LEFT SIDE

Left Side is a Bosh Brose FPE12V013821098

680-54691

BOSCH BROSE

Window Slider 54242

RIGHT SIDE

Right Motor is a SIEMANS 12V-1BB-32

Edited by 89conv

The Left Rear Window Regulator on my 89 Avanti Convertible is bad. Does anyone know what cars originally used these, I'm have a difficult time tracking down the replacement. The motors are good the cables bad. And it looks like they actually welded the regulator channel to their metal frames, so rather than grinding the welds and re-welding in the new ones I just want to strip the parts of the new ones to rebuild the old tracks in place.

Here is the information I was able to retrieve off the old one:

LEFT SIDE

Left Side is a Bosh Brose FPE12V013821098

680-54691

BOSCH BROSE

Window Slider 54242

RIGHT SIDE

Right Motor is a SIEMANS 12V-1BB-32

Hi 88 convertible's use the mechanism from an 85-87 AMC Renault Alliance convertible, you can use the original frame that was modified by the people at Avanti motors, just remove the motor and track assembly from the alliance frame and refit to the Avanti frame. I would suspect the 89 to use same as 88. As an aside Dan and Betty at nostelgic motors have very good electric window switches the work very well on the Avanti. Tony.

PS feel free to contact me at my email address a.trist@xtra.co.nzl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ... I have a 1988 Avanti convert and just went throught the same thing. The pasenger rear wire frayed. I went through all the they came out of lebaron converts, AMC Renault Alliance etc etc and other cars, don't waste your time. Even if you are so lucky to find what Avanti Motors used you would have to break the welds on the brackets they welded on so it would fit in the car, then reweld them on the one you found. I just got mine back from a company called Window Motor World inc out of Boone, NC 1-800-252-2649 ( windowmotorworld.net ) I had the regulator taken out and shipped. They replaced the motor with a newer one and replaced the cable with a thicker cable and guarantee it for 1 year. The cost for new motor, new cable and they payed shipping to me all for 150.00. They turned it around in one day. Save your time and energy and have these guys do it. As soon as winter comes I will send them the other side to have it done.

Edited by avantidavid

Hi ... I have a 1988 Avanti convert and just went throught the same thing. The pasenger rear wire frayed. I went through all the they came out of lebaron converts, AMC Renault Alliance etc etc and other cars, don't waste your time. Even if you are so lucky to find what Avanti Motors used you would have to break the welds on the brackets they welded on so it would fit in the car, then reweld them on the one you found. I just got mine back from a company called Window Motor World inc out of Boone, NC 1-800-252-2649 ( windowmotorworld.net ) I had the regulator taken out and shipped. They replaced the motor with a newer one and replaced the cable with a thicker cable and guarantee it for 1 year. The cost for new motor, new cable and they payed shipping to me all for 150.00. They turned it around in one day. Save your time and energy and have these guys do it. As soon as winter comes I will send them the other side to have it done.

I found a 86 Renault Alliance Convert conplete unit and ground out the weld on the cable slide of my unit. Will find someone to spot weld it Monday. What did you send Window Motor World , the complete unit less the glass or the regulator with the cables taken out of the slide. I may send both of mine out.

• 1 month later...
I found a 86 Renault Alliance Convert conplete unit and ground out the weld on the cable slide of my unit. Will find someone to spot weld it Monday. What did you send Window Motor World , the complete unit less the glass or the regulator with the cables taken out of the slide. I may send both of mine out.

Hi I sent them the complete regulator minus the glass. The other side just frayed on me, so sending both of yours at the same time is good idea.