Brake Hoses & Proportioning Valve help

DrDomovoi

So I have an '81 Avanti II and I need to replace the prop valve and the 2 front rubber brake hoses. I can't get ahold of Nostalgic so I'm trying to figure out what parts they really are. I found a mopar unit for the 72 Charger & several other models that LOOKS the same but I'd like to find out before I drop $100 on it. Same thing with the hoses they seem to be from a similar vehicle as in 60's/70's plymouth/dodge stuff. Any help guys?

So I have an '81 Avanti II and I need to replace the prop valve and the 2 front rubber brake hoses. I can't get ahold of Nostalgic so I'm trying to figure out what parts they really are. I found a mopar unit for the 72 Charger & several other models that LOOKS the same but I'd like to find out before I drop $100 on it. Same thing with the hoses they seem to be from a similar vehicle as in 60's/70's plymouth/dodge stuff. Any help guys?

Nostalgic is open mon-thurs 10-4:30 eastern

I don't have an 81, but I'll try to help... are you sure your car has a proportioning valve? I don't think my '80 has a

proportioning valve... didn't you mean master cylinder? But, perhaps your car is different, or maybe it has

non-original front brakes?

http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/repavIIMC.html (reference for master cylinders)

When I replaced the M/C in my '80 I had to use pipe thread adapters/reducers because the threaded holes in the

M/C weren't the same size as the connectors on my lines. That new master cylinder was listed for a 68 full-size

Ford, shown as #CEN 130.61028 on my receipt (doesn't mean much to me, but it might mean something to

your parts vendor)

I remember putting a new M/C in a '71 once, without using pipe thread adapters, and an annotation in my

parts manual says "same as 67-69 Chrysler full-size with front discs" (couldn't find a receipt with a part number...

possibly "NAPA 36259" which is a number also annotated in my parts book, and the NAPA number may be the

same as the EIS "industry standard" number for brake parts).

I have a notation for the front flex lines, which I think are the same as original Stude:

NAPA 36614 (11146 for the rear hose)

Edited by WayneC