parting out "73

MARK

So sorry to say, my 1973 Avanti II was terminally damaged during transport from Ft Lauderdale to NJ a few weeks ago. So many new parts, like 73 corvette crate motor, totally rebuilt turbo 400 trany, all new a/c parts, springs, shocks, turner brakes, interior, window motors, lots and lots. Not sure what to ask for what and not sure about shipping fees, but will consider honest offers.

either cell me 917 714 8584 or respond to this. The car is in Long Branch NJ, or Parkway exit 105.

So sad, this car was a great looker from just 5 ft.

I really feel for ya! That really sucks after all the work you put into the car...not even counting the financial outlay! It doesn't sound like the insurance will cover all the investment into the car...mine is under-insured as well. Rebuilding my '70 cost more than the market value...not at all unusual for cars today.

Hope you can find a buyer for the remains of your car and you can find a replacement that suits you. There are a couple Avanti's for sale in Avanti Magazine right now...including one in Long Island...not far from you in Jersey. Outside of that, keep an eye on Ebay and see what is available.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. My heart sank after reading of the total loss. We lost a car to a drunk after three years of personal sweat equity. It feels like loosing a family member.

Hopefully the good bits will help restore an needy Avanti. How is the carrier treating you so far? Hopefully no one was hurt physically.

Warmest regards,

Joe Menacker

Mark, Before you go parting out your sweetheart, there is a solid bodied Avanti in Arkansas for sale (price unknown). She needs alot of attention, but, you sound as if you have the pieces to make her run again. Serial number is RQB 2202. Call me at (702) 768-6709, or Email me at PCF98@hotmail.com and I will send you the pictures I took of this car just 2 days ago. Anyother interested persons out there, same offer stands.

George

RQB 1600