The car of my dreams!

James Bond

I fell in love with this car the moment I saw it more than twenty five years ago. Now through karmic circumstances, and ebay...I own one!! It's a 1989 Avanti II. With only 10 k at purchase. It's gray with a light gray leather interior, and burled wood dash. It's absolutely pristine and

beautiful! I'll be posting pictures very soon. I want you to see it and give me your opinions as well as your advice and criticisms. Thanks alot!

Jeff

Congratulations! Hard to think it won't be a perfect car with that low mileage on it.

I owned a 24k-mile 89 briefly about 15 years ago (got laid off shortly after buying it

so I sold it as a quick way to reduce my expenses); over the years I've owned 63, 66, 69, 71,

and 80 Avantis (still have the 71 and 80), so I understand your enthusiasm and I'm happy to

hear that there are still folks out there dreaming about Avanti's.

I look forward to seeing the pics

Wayne

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations! Hard to think it won't be a perfect car with that low mileage on it.

I owned a 24k-mile 89 briefly about 15 years ago (got laid off shortly after buying it

so I sold it as a quick way to reduce my expenses); over the years I've owned 63, 66, 69, 71,

and 80 Avantis (still have the 71 and 80), so I understand your enthusiasm and I'm happy to

hear that there are still folks out there dreaming about Avanti's.

I look forward to seeing the pics

Wayne

Last Sunday, we had a car show put on by the Lyons club here in Ct. They had a

record turnout...350+ cars. I was in the 1988-2008 class. There were about

fourteen cars in my class, one was a 2002 Avanti. This was the first time I

entered something like this, after all, I've only owned the car five weeks!

That being said...I came in third!! I have to tell you, I 'm really excited it!

A 2004 TBird came in first, and a 2002 Mustang came in second. Personally, I

thought I should have gotten first, but of course I'm a bit prejudiced. There

were five Avantis among the 350 cars, three were Studebakers. I take pride in

representing this fine machine. I was the only Avanti who won a trophy!

Hopefully, I'll be able to post the photos. The shorter gentleman you see by me

owns a 1950 Studebaker Champion. That is his car next to mine. Hopefully, here

are the pictures: By the way, there was some disagreement about the size of the engine. The man who sold it to me told me it was a 327 Corvette engine. Some people seem to think is was a 305, does anyone know which is right. Also I read about a build sheet, how do I get one? Well I hope the pictures upload. Thank you for you're help.

Last Sunday, we had a car show put on by the Lyons club here in Ct. They had a

record turnout...350+ cars. I was in the 1988-2008 class. There were about

fourteen cars in my class, one was a 2002 Avanti. This was the first time I

entered something like this, after all, I've only owned the car five weeks!

That being said...I came in third!! I have to tell you, I 'm really excited it!

A 2004 TBird came in first, and a 2002 Mustang came in second. Personally, I

thought I should have gotten first, but of course I'm a bit prejudiced. There

were five Avantis among the 350 cars, three were Studebakers. I take pride in

representing this fine machine. I was the only Avanti who won a trophy!

Hopefully, I'll be able to post the photos. The shorter gentleman you see by me

owns a 1950 Studebaker Champion. That is his car next to mine. Hopefully, here

are the pictures: By the way, there was some disagreement about the size of the engine. The man who sold it to me told me it was a 327 Corvette engine. Some people seem to think is was a 305, does anyone know which is right. Also I read about a build sheet, how do I get one? Well I hope the pictures upload. Thank you for you're help.

Okay, pictures I tried to post didn't work, how do I do it?

Unless your engine was changed, and that I doubt it, your vehicle has a GM 305ci V8 with throttle-body fuel injectors, 170hp @ 4400, 250lbs of torque @ 2800, with 9.3 compression. The wheelbase is 109", length 193", width 55", curb weight 3550lbs. Front brakes are 11" with 9.5" rear.

Front suspension is double wishbone with coil springs and telescopic shocks. Rear suspension is live axle with four links, coil springs, and telescopic shocks.

Your vehicle features all resin fiberglass body, four speed automatic overdrive transmission (200R4), power windows, power door locks, power outside rear view mirrors, power trunk release, six-way power seats, remote fuel filter door, tilt steering wheel, cruise control, air conditioning (that sucks!), interior light group, full instruments, intermittent wipers, automatic antenna, rear defogger, ground effects, driving lights, burl elmwood dash/console, and 25-gallon fuel tank.

CONGRATS ON THE TROPHY!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Unless your engine was changed, and that I doubt it, your vehicle has a GM 305ci V8 with throttle-body fuel injectors, 170hp @ 4400, 250lbs of torque @ 2800, with 9.3 compression. The wheelbase is 109", length 193", width 55", curb weight 3550lbs. Front brakes are 11" with 9.5" rear.

Front suspension is double wishbone with coil springs and telescopic shocks. Rear suspension is live axle with four links, coil springs, and telescopic shocks.

Your vehicle features all resin fiberglass body, four speed automatic overdrive transmission (200R4), power windows, power door locks, power outside rear view mirrors, power trunk release, six-way power seats, remote fuel filter door, tilt steering wheel, cruise control, air conditioning (that sucks!), interior light group, full instruments, intermittent wipers, automatic antenna, rear defogger, ground effects, driving lights, burl elmwood dash/console, and 25-gallon fuel tank.

CONGRATS ON THE TROPHY!!!

Thank you very much for the information. I'm posting the pictures from a June 1 car show in Woodbury Ct., hopefully this will work. here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/826931@N22/?added=6 If anyone know an easier way to do this, please let me know. Thanks!

That's the way to post it. Also, BEAUTIFUL rims! Nice car!!

Thank you!! My original intention was to use this as an everyday driver. But once I saw it, I couldn't bear to have it exposed to wear and tear of everyday use. I park in a mini shopping center, with a supermarket as the anchor store. The idea of shopping carts and uncaring customers banging into my baby totally creeps me out! According to a book I've read, there were only 158 cars made that model year. This amazes me! The car is just stunning! I open my garage door and there it is, I still can't believe it! Sometimes, I'll go downstairs just to look at it. Well, sorry to wax so euphoric. thanks for listening!

Jeff

The idea of shopping carts and uncaring customers banging into my baby totally creeps me out! According to a book I've read, there were only 158 cars made that model year. This amazes me! The car is just stunning! I open my garage door and there it is, I still can't believe it! Sometimes, I'll go downstairs just to look at it. Well, sorry to wax so euphoric. thanks for listening!

Jeff

The Avanti BUG bites another.....Congrats., On your new car and trophy. Enjoy...

Karl

The idea of shopping carts and uncaring customers banging into my baby totally creeps me out! According to a book I've read, there were only 158 cars made that model year. This amazes me! The car is just stunning! I open my garage door and there it is, I still can't believe it! Sometimes, I'll go downstairs just to look at it. Well, sorry to wax so euphoric. thanks for listening!

Jeff

The Avanti BUG bites another.....Congrats., On your new car and trophy. Enjoy...

Karl

Thanks a lot! Do you know how to get a build sheet? I went to 1-800-Avanti-x, but it didn't help much. Thank you.

• 3 years later...

Thank you!! My original intention was to use this as an everyday driver. But once I saw it, I couldn't bear to have it exposed to wear and tear of everyday use. I park in a mini shopping center, with a supermarket as the anchor store. The idea of shopping carts and uncaring customers banging into my baby totally creeps me out! According to a book I've read, there were only 158 cars made that model year. This amazes me! The car is just stunning! I open my garage door and there it is, I still can't believe it! Sometimes, I'll go downstairs just to look at it. Well, sorry to wax so euphoric. thanks for listening!

Jeff

Jeff,

I am rebuilding an 81. I first wanted this car in 1963 but figured that by the time I could afford one, they would all be gone. Well, that was wrong. I am considering a glossy green gray color, something like the Steel City Gray used on the 72 Corvette. I really like the color on your car. Can you provide a name or color code? Congratulations and thanks,

Gill

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff;

Your car looks great - love the color! I am a fan of pin striping an Avanti along the sides about 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the crest. Following this line really accentuates the "coke-bottle" shape. Doesn't have to be much. I've seen a single thin line, but I prefer two thin lines separated by about 1/8". And using complimenting colors looks really good too. For your car, you might consider a black line on top and burgundy or dark blue or dark green as the bottom line.

Thanks for sharing. Hope that enthusiasm never wanes.

Rich

Richard Morris

Renton, WA

1990 Avanti LTS (4-door), 383 TPI

Gone but not forgotten:

1964 R-1 #5367

1985 Coupe