AvII Hood Emblem

theGman

A while back someone asked me to send them a pic of my hood emblem. Since I just figured out how to do this, and just took a pic of my (Avanti) rear for previous post, I thought I'd post this here now.

Thanks,

Paul

Oops...... try again....

post-292-1203197874_thumb.jpg

post-292-1203197964_thumb.jpg

A while back someone asked me to send them a pic of my hood emblem. Since I just figured out how to do this, and just took a pic of my (Avanti) rear for previous post, I thought I'd post this here now.

Thanks,

Paul

Oops...... try again....

I want to know how you were able to attach a photo !

Charlie RQB3921

I want to know how you were able to attach a photo !

Charlie RQB3921

Charlie:

Images (pics) on this board need to be hosted somewhere on the internet. One easy way to have an image hosted on the internet is to open a free account with an image hosting provider ;) , such as Photobucket.

When your images are uploaded to the image hosting provider, they are given a URL (internet address). This URL is what is used to link your pic to messages. Each image hosted in your account will have a unique URL. The URL for each image is usually listed adjacent to a thumbnail of the picture.

To place a pic in a post, just copy the URL of the desired image to the Windows (or Apple) clipboard. Click on the 'image button on the toolbar of the AOIA message box (it is supposed to look like a small green tree). Paste the URL of your pic in the ensuing message box. If the image message box does not immediately open after clicking the button, then you might need to temporarily allow pop ups. Alternately, you can copy the "Image Code" from the hosted image and paste that directly into the body of your AOIA message.

061806AvantiLF2g.jpg

Hey - I need new headlight lens gaskets just like Paul . . .

Hope this helps,

Joe M

Novice translation:

I took the pic with my phone, sent it to myself via the email thing, which my daughter explained to me yesterday, opened my own email to see the picture, and then downloaded it to the "Desktop" via mouse clickatations.

I then replied like I am now, but then I hit the "choose file" button a few inches down from where you type this messsage. Then a window opened, and I just went to "Desktop" (where I put the pic) and clicked on it! Easier than I thought.

Even I did it! I have an Apple, if that matters....probably doesn't.

Ref the headlight gaskets: I bought them a year ago. About ready to install them this Spring.

Paul

PS: I'm going to try to get that Photobucket account also, as mentioned. Thanks for the info.

Edited by theGman