WHAT IS IN A NAME ? ? ? ?

profaqualung

This week I celebrate 55 weeks of ownership of my 70 Avanti II - and was looking over a list I have been keeping of the types of vehicles people thought this car was.

Some of them have been from the 'Twilight Zone'

Here they are -

Maserati - 3

The James Bond Car - 4

Aston Martin - 2

Jaguar - 5

Jensen Healey - 2

Valiant/Barracuda - 1

Matador - 2

Porsche - 7 [all in Oklahoma]

Toronado - 1

Austin Healey - 1

Devlin - 1

"Some Kind of Kit Car" - 3 [all in Florida]

Javelin - 2

Lamborghini Muira - 1

Vespa - 1

Henry J -2

Correctly identified as an Avanti - 43 [29 women, and 14 men - the women all said that their dads or granddads had owned one]

And finally, FERRARI - 14 [the reason for this many errors, has to be the inserts in my rims. It is bright yellow, with a black (belligerent) rabbit - courtesy of Terlingua Racing Team. From a distance, is does resemble the prancing horse of Ferrari - especially while spinning].

As I have removed all exterior 'Nameplates', it is understandable about the confusion about what it actually is, but a VESPA ? ? ? ? ?

Have a Happy New Year

TFC3

INDY -

Actually, the best came from a friend of mine that was at our 45 year high school reunion in Tulsa this past June.

I had just taken him for a ride, and as we got back, on of the caterers came up and asked what kind of car it was.

Hugh replied "Fast - very, very FAST ! ! !"

Nuff Said

TFC3

• 4 weeks later...
This week I celebrate 55 weeks of ownership of my 70 Avanti II - and was looking over a list I have been keeping of the types of vehicles people thought this car was.

Some of them have been from the 'Twilight Zone'

Here they are -

Maserati - 3

The James Bond Car - 4

Aston Martin - 2

Jaguar - 5

Jensen Healey - 2

Valiant/Barracuda - 1

Matador - 2

Porsche - 7 [all in Oklahoma]

Toronado - 1

Austin Healey - 1

Devlin - 1

"Some Kind of Kit Car" - 3 [all in Florida]

Javelin - 2

Lamborghini Muira - 1

Vespa - 1

Henry J -2

Correctly identified as an Avanti - 43 [29 women, and 14 men - the women all said that their dads or granddads had owned one]

And finally, FERRARI - 14 [the reason for this many errors, has to be the inserts in my rims. It is bright yellow, with a black (belligerent) rabbit - courtesy of Terlingua Racing Team. From a distance, is does resemble the prancing horse of Ferrari - especially while spinning].

As I have removed all exterior 'Nameplates', it is understandable about the confusion about what it actually is, but a VESPA ? ? ? ? ?

Have a Happy New Year

TFC3

HI,

In contrast, I've owned my 1970 ( RQA-0381) since it was ....new. That's roughly 37 years. I can attest to the fact that you won't get tired of it...

Mine is!..... (now)
I have attempted to "stay out" of this topic for quite some time as I have heard most everything everyone else has BUT TODAY, well, it was a FIRST! Quote: "Is that one of those cars that has the headlights that turn with the steering?" (Sorry sir, you are thinking of a 'Tucker'!!!)

Bill D