10 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Rate this Forum?

• It's fine - stop complaining
    • It's all we can afford
    • Who cares, just read it
    • I've seen better
    • It's bad - fix it

:(

Is there anyway to speed up our Avanti Forum?

I am using Windows XP with all the latest updates on a DSL line. It takes 15 to 30 seconds to change screens!

I am a member of two other auto forums and the navigation between screens is immediate.

Attached is a Poll on this matter. Am I the only one with this problem? :huh:

Grumpy old man!! :lol::D

Sometimes it's not good to be too fast!!

Maybe if you get a Mac....

:(

Is there anyway to speed up our Avanti Forum?

I am using Windows XP with all the latest updates on a DSL line. It takes 15 to 30 seconds to change screens!

I am a member of two other auto forums and the navigation between screens is immediate.

Attached is a Poll on this matter. Am I the only one with this problem? :huh:

Same here, and sometimes I dont bother to check it at all. I am running high

speed DSL at home, faster than a T1, but loading this forum its like a 33k

modem from 1993. I agree that there is a problem.

Tom

Same here ! This site is painfully slow, because of this its one of the last I visit.

Actually, we had a problem on the forum this morning, and I talked to the software supplier, Invision Power, who made a change which brought the forum back online (it had been showing an error page when you tried to visit the forum) and the change they made seems to have GREATLY sped up the page response time.

I need to talk to them again this evening and/or Monday morning, but it seems much better for response time on all pages.

Lew

Actually, we had a problem on the forum this morning, and I talked to the software supplier, Invision Power, who made a change which brought the forum back online (it had been showing an error page when you tried to visit the forum) and the change they made seems to have GREATLY sped up the page response time.

I need to talk to them again this evening and/or Monday morning, but it seems much better for response time on all pages.

Lew

:D

Thanx, Lew. The site is greatly improved. Sorry it took my complaining ... but glad I did!! ;)

Ernie

:D

Thanx, Lew. The site is greatly improved. Sorry it took my complaining ... but glad I did!! ;)

Ernie

Ernie:

In addition to the change in the forum software, we are also serving the site on brand new Intel Xserve servers, which are really fast.

Lew