63 Avanti R1 for sale in NY!

Rob

Hey everyone! It's time to sell my father's 63 Avanti R1! I listed it on Ebay as well, but it has not been posted yet. Let me know if you have any questions. While I have your attention, does anyone know of any other square headlight 63s? Personally, I have never seen another one in my searches.

Garage kept 1963 Avanti R1, one of the last 50 from 1963 made. This car has the rare 1964 square headlights as 1964 parts were added to the late 1963 models. The engine is a 289 cu. in. V-8 with 240 horsepower and 4 barrel carb. The body has 94,823 miles, but the engine was rebuilt and only has approximately 20k miles on it. I am listing this car for my father and he is the 3rd owner. This Avanti runs and drives great!

-A/C, power steering and power brakes all work well.

-The original frame was separated from the body and replaced as well as the hog troughs by the 2nd owner.

-A full repaint was done from gold to white by the 2nd owner. The paint is in good shape, but not show quality as there is some overspray and rock chips which is to be expected.

-The master cylinder and alternator were recently rebuilt, along with new valve cover gaskets, a new water pump, new battery, oil change, and September '07 inspection.

-The trunk interior has been restored (he has the spare tire cover which is not pictured) and the spare tire is pictured.

-The chrome bumpers are nicely polished and in great condition.

-Avanti seatbelts installed in rear seats for added safety.

-Comes with the repair manual, many Avanti magazines and literature, as well as many spare parts.

-The chrome ignition cover (box that goes over distributor) is missing.

-The rear windshield has a slight leak, but the replacement gasket is included. The Avanti is never driven in the rain and is stored in a garage so this has not been a problem.

My father put a lot of time and money into this Avanti over his 11+ years of ownership. Unfortunately, the car sits in a garage under a car cover 95% of the time and has not been fully enjoyed and appreciated recently. Throughout the years, the astonished looks and questions we received from other car enthusiasts were priceless. However, now it is time for a new owner to enjoy this rare automobile as much as we have.

Notice: In the pictures, the car does not appear level because the driveway is slanted. When on a level surface, the car sits flat.

You can PM me on here or email my father directly at ALewis@hvc.rr.com if you have any other questions or photo requests! Thanks for looking! Price is $12,500/OBO.

Avanti3.jpg

Avanti2.jpg

AvantiEngine.jpg

Avanti4.jpg

Avanti1.jpg

AvantiTrunk.jpg

Just to clear up any potential confusion, here is the Ebay ad. Apparently, based on the serial #'s, this 63 originally had round headlights, but 64 square headlights were swapped out at some point. Sorry if this was misleading, I was just reiterating what the 2nd owner told us.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-Studeb...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 years later...

Just to clear up any potential confusion, here is the Ebay ad. Apparently, based on the serial #'s, this 63 originally had round headlights, but 64 square headlights were swapped out at some point. Sorry if this was misleading, I was just reiterating what the 2nd owner told us.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-Studeb...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey everyone-- It's been a couple of years and I just received an email wondering if this Avanti ever sold. Yes, this car sold for right around $10,000 if I remember correctly. Hope that helps!

Archived