Avanti Search underway Help Needed!!

fastguy

Hello All,

I am in Michigan and I'm in search of a R2, would like a 4speed if possible, don't want a junk pile, or a trailer queen. I have a few leads, one needs a engine etc. What is the range that cars have gone for recently? Any places I should look other than here , SDC, Fleabay? Any help?

Thanks,

Mark Meyer

Hello All,

I am in Michigan and I'm in search of a R2, would like a 4speed if possible, don't want a junk pile, or a trailer queen. I have a few leads, one needs a engine etc. What is the range that cars have gone for recently? Any places I should look other than here , SDC, Fleabay? Any help?

Thanks,

Mark Meyer

If you haven't already, get in touch with Dan or Betty Booth at Nostalgic Motors. If there is one available they'll probably know where.

Charlie RQB3921

Hello All,

Thanks,

Mark Meyer

I have a 63 r-2 Turquoise Avanti Automatic that my father ordered new. It is not a Trailer Queen and far from a pile of junk! It has 44,000 miles on it and has always been garaged kept. I am in Illinois about a 135 miles south of Chicago. I have all paper work for it and can document its one owner status. I have photos of car and documents. If you are interested I will talk with you.

I have a 63 r-2 Turquoise Avanti Automatic that my father ordered new. It is not a Trailer Queen and far from a pile of junk! It has 44,000 miles on it and has always been garaged kept. I am in Illinois about a 135 miles south of Chicago. I have all paper work for it and can document its one owner status. I have photos of car and documents. If you are interested I will talk with you.

Do you live on old Route 66?

Yes I do live on old route 66 in Illinois

(I have the maroon 1989 that has stopped by your place.)

If anyone is interested in an extremely FINE Studebaker Avanti R2 - then this one is for you. This is a driver that can win First Place in any Studebaker/Avanti judging.

I have seen this vehicle and it is complete stock (except for one improvement). This turquoise is truly a "one-of-a-kind" that is owned by a "car family."

Edited by Ernie

(I have the maroon 1989 that has stopped by your place.)

If anyone in interested in an extremely FINE Studebaker Avanti R2, then this one is for you. This is a driver that can win First Place in any Studebaker/Avanti judging.

I have seen this vehicle and it is complete stock (except for one improvement). This turquoise is truly a "one-of-a-kind" that is owned by a "car family."

Thank you for your kind words about my car. I do in fact remember you and the other Avanti that stopped by! It was great to see a couple of fellow Avanti Lovers. I hope to see you two again next year! By the way we can still see the tire marks you left on the road(LOL) !

Bill

Thank you for your kind words about my car. I do in fact remember you and the other Avanti that stopped by! It was great to see a couple of fellow Avanti Lovers. I hope to see you two again next year! By the way we can still see the tire marks you left on the road (LOL) !

Bill

Shhh, don't tell anyone. 1989 Avanti's are suppose to be s-l-o-w! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Some advice,

People have strange notions on how much their Avantis are worth.

http://sterkel.org/avanti and click on prices to find what the last 3 years

of sales look like. Current up to last August.

As for where to find, keep a watch on e-Bay, I have had no more (or

less) problems dealing on e-Bay than your normal private sale. Plus

e-Bay provides that nice warranty, which is about as strong as the

used car dealer with the trailer for an office. In other words, watch

yourself, pay for an inspection, just like any purchase!