What in the world is this?

grobb284

What in the world is this? The six inch scale is to give a reference to size.

HX0-7ToM9acONSliQHNJZV3049XRei2X0280.jpg

This was covering the heads of the two bolts retaining the roll bar to the hog trough on the drivers side. This would be inside the rear armrest, just over the hog trough.

They were over the bolt heads, I couldn't tell if it was tack welded over them, or just tightly wedged and rusted. It took a slide hammer to pop it off.

Amazed that it was there, what ever it is.

[Gene, that is the piece that is behind the fiberglass behind the door strikers. When you bolt down the door striker with the phillips screws, you are screwing the screw into that backing plate. The slots in there are for the retainer behind the fiberglass. As far as the body tag, one of my R3's has the same narrow tag. I don't know when they started using it or discontinued using it. I can send you pictures if you want.

Nimesh

[Gene, that is the piece that is behind the fiberglass behind the door strikers. When you bolt down the door striker with the phillips screws, you are screwing the screw into that backing plate. The slots in there are for the retainer behind the fiberglass. As far as the body tag, one of my R3's has the same narrow tag. I don't know when they started using it or discontinued using it. I can send you pictures if you want.

Nimesh

Nimesh:

Thanks for the response, I had no idea what that piece was.

Just curious, what is your body number on the narrow tag?

Best regards as always,

Gene