AOAI 2020 Meet in September is Canceled
Please accept our concern for AOAI members, family, friends or co-workers presently or in the future affected by the COVID-19 virus. The health and welfare of each and every AOAI member is of prime importance to the national board, and while current health conditions are unknown across America for later this summer and fall, at our press deadline of May 4 for Avanti Magazine, the local Gateway Chapter meet committee, in coordination with your national board, made the decision out of an abundance of caution to cancel this year’s national meet planned for September 9-12.
Few registrations have been received and there are no assurances that our hotel and other venues will be open or available by September 9. All planned tour locations, as well as the concours site are closed indefinitely and there are no assurances that hotel restaurants and facilities will be fully available.
However, realizing that risk may still exist, knowledgeable information at this time including limitations on group gatherings have made it necessary to put the health and welfare of every member as our top priority. Rest assured that all registration funds will be returned by the Gateway Chapter. If you have made hotel reservations, your rooms will automatically be released, thus there is no need to call the hotel to cancel your guest rooms.
We regret having to cancel this year’s meet, but stay healthy and we hope to see everyone next year.
This is a trying time for all, and until there is a vaccine for this virus, we may all be at risk. Please address any questions or concerns to Don Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lewis Schucart at email@example.com.