Avanti EX2946!

mfg

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gary Johnson would know, it's at his shop. 5652 has the holes for the tag, but none was ever mounted.

12 hours ago, John Hull said:

4 Prototypes renumbered

R5650

R5651

R5652

R5653

Dave Kinny owns both 5652&5653

New York Auto Show and Operation Airlift vehicles 

Most significant Avantis ever built

Hello John.....would you know which prototype Stude Avanti was used/ seen at the 1962 Indy 500?

More than likely 5652. The one in my shop. White with currently orange interior. The one at Indy was white. There was one other white prototype. The build sheet shows red interior, but I haven't tore into it to see if that is how it actually was built.  Things might have changed when it was updated and sold by the factory in engineering.  When restored, it will be as it was when first built including lacquer paint which I already have acquired.

Edited by brad

20 minutes ago, brad said:

More than likely 5652. The one in my shop. White with currently orange interior. The one at Indy was white. There was one other white prototype. The build sheet shows red interior, but I haven't tore into it to see if that is how it actually was built.  Things might have changed when it was updated and sold by the factory in engineering.  When restored, it will be as it was when first built including lacquer paint which I already have acquired.

YEAH...LACQUER BABY!!!