Can anyone supply a photo...

billsr2

I am looking for a photo of the battery tray/support that goes under the '64+ battery,not the under fender support. It is not self evident just what position it should be in.

It would be a big help,thanks!

avantibatterytray003.jpg

avantibatterytray002.jpg

avantibatterytray001.jpg

I don't know if this helps or is even what you were looking for...I made the support by bending an alternator bracket from who knows what?(G) The factory support could go on this way or bolt to the sway bar bolt.

The picture of the nut is the threaded end of one of the bumper brace bolts that goes in from the outer sideof the frame.

Not an easy picture to take from the top with the engine still hot from an afternoon drive in 90+ degrees.

Hope it helps...

Ernie R2 R5388

I am looking for a photo of the battery tray/support that goes under the '64+ battery,not the under fender support. It is not self evident just what position it should be in.

It would be a big help,thanks!

Your bracket looks like it supports the fender very well, but I am interested in the little plate that the battery rests on. I ordered up the two piece kit from Meyers and will have to re shape the under fender brace -I understand it is for the Avanti II? I was told that the plate gets pop riveted to the fender but my fender has no pre-existing holes. A photo of this piece would require removing the battery.

I thought about pulling batterys at South Bend but thought that could be difficult to explain to an owner!!

The tray on my 64 is original. It has two studs, one that goes through the fender and the nut is accessed through the wheel well and the other stud is where my bracket is attched to. The bracket in the pictures effectively keeps the weight of the battery off the fender as I have it so it's raised a little off the fiberglass.

I'm going to have to pull the radiator out of the car in the next couple of weeks and I can yank the battery and get you pictures if you can wait 'til then.

Ernie R2 R5388

Your bracket looks like it supports the fender very well, but I am interested in the little plate that the battery rests on. I ordered up the two piece kit from Meyers and will have to re shape the under fender brace -I understand it is for the Avanti II? I was told that the plate gets pop riveted to the fender but my fender has no pre-existing holes. A photo of this piece would require removing the battery.

I thought about pulling batterys at South Bend but thought that could be difficult to explain to an owner!!