'77 a/c hoses & receiver/drier

BillyBob

bought a '77 recently - appears to be low mileage, can't verify. took the grille off to correctly orient the II - noticed the a/c condenser was hanging on by the hoses (although 5 of 5 attaching brackets were broken, was surprised to see good condition of condenser - plan to reuse even tho flare fittings are used instead of O-rings). a/c system had slight pressure. would like to replace a/c hoses - what is source? ditto for replacement of a/c receiver drier. ditto: a/c compressor

FYI: also had slight pressure in compressor suction & discharge hoses.

plan is to do R134a retrofit

tnx, BillyBob

I doubt the AC hoses would match those from any other car, as they must be customized for length, fittings, etc.

Here in Virginia, NAPA Auto Parts stores provides the service of making new hoses from the originals. I would expect a shop that specializes in AC repair to have that capability as well.

I agree...a good auto machine shop can make new hoses. Sometimes they can take the connections off your old hoses and attach them to the new new hoses. The speed shop that is finishing up my '70 now made all new hoses and fittings for the car.