1980 Cruise control

Forward!

Finally have my 80 dependably back on the road and am enjoying the summertime drives!  Surprisingly good comfort on the interstate and only need to fix one more thing to have it right.  Does anybody have any advice on troubleshooting the cruise control?

Right now it is totally non-functional.

Thank you! 

I have the trouble shoot and install brochure that came with the 1983.  It contains a lot of detail  on the proper set up. (30 pages Dana Corporation 1980)

PM me your address and I will copy and mail it to you. My scanner only does one page at a time otherwise I would post it. 

I have this same project on my “nice to do list” but I have a lot of “must do” in front of it. 

Bill Hanlon

Edited by Bill Hanlon

Bill, That's a very generous offer. One area that those era cruise controls were weak was the disconnect switch on the brake pedal assembly. Test it first by pulling up with your toe on the brake pedal before you engage the CC. If it engages, adjust the switch. A bad switch can be tested by applying 12v or an ohm meter and pushing the switch to get contact. 

I'm not sure if these are the vacuum type but, if so, apply a vacuum to see if the unit is leaking.

Just a couple things to try while Bill's gift is en-route.