63 Avanti Wheels

cookeze

I'm going to replace aftermarket wheels with original style steel wheels and hubcaps on my 63 R2. The car is black. Is a black wheel correct? I see that may original photos show white wheels and wanted to make sure that black was the correct wheel color for a black car.

Thanks!

The wheels were not color keyed to the body color. They came painted off-white for all cars. I don't know what shade, but someone here should know a close interchange.

There is a vendor selling 6 inch wide wheels in the back of Turning Wheels, I

think they might also advertise in Avanti Magazine. They are for "disc brake"

cars, which is REQUIRED for an Avanti. Stock wheels were 5 inch wide on an

Avanti, but the extra inch is worth having - more tire options.

Tom

Thanks! The wheels I'm using are original Avanti wheels and are currently painted off-white, but need to be redone. For this car I'm going with 6.70x15 Bias whitewalls and original wheels and hubcaps.

John

John,

The closest readily available color is Ford Wimbleton White and is available at most all FLAPS in their paint department. Dupli-Color is very good and one can should be sufficient. Hope this helps. :)

Dan Miller

Atlanta, GA

In one of my more anal-retentive quests, I got the colors (color codes when available) for over 40 paintable parts, not including interior and body paint. This was published in a recent Avanti magazine article.

I'm going to replace aftermarket wheels with original style steel wheels and hubcaps on my 63 R2. The car is black. Is a black wheel correct? I see that may original photos show white wheels and wanted to make sure that black was the correct wheel color for a black car.

Thanks!