Road lights...

silverstude

Has anyone come up with a mounting design  or an actual mounting device,  for "under the bumper" road/running lights without having to drill the underside of the bumper.   I'm looking at the radiator core support as a base to bolt on some kind of a mount either manufactured or fabricated.  

thx

Get in touch with Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors.  That's where I got the Avanti Motor Company factory driving light mounts.  While you can fabricate something yourself there's no point in going to the trouble when originals make it easy.  I can't say absolutely he still has them in stock but try him first.

While my 83 bumper is drilled for the Hella lights, a close look shows a bumper bolt almost above the location of the drilled hole. It wouldn't be difficult to make an "L" bracket that was drilled to accept the bumper bolt and another hole to hold the light. You may need to slot the hole for the bumper bolt as the bumper is close enough to the body that the nut may not come fully off. There would be plenty of room to slip the bracket in with the nut loosened, though.

BTW, want a screaming deal on a set of Hella lights off the 83?