Pick Of The Litter

DAPY

3 hours ago, DAPY said:

I don't have a price yet. If you call me we can discuss and I will tell you what I paid. Dave Pyle 713 203 1207. 

This is strange.  Just today, on this AOAI Forum, you asked someone else for the price of their Avanti (which was given).

I agree. Very inconsistent. You see if I am too high I will not have any prospects. If at market I will loose money. Hence the dilemma. For those who are serious call me for the details. 713 703 1207

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

You have a nice appearing Avanti.  I suggest putting it on eBay with a low starting bid to develop interest and the World market will let you know the current value. 

I am familiar with BaT. Their "sponsorship" does get higher prices. They require extensive pictures and they write the copy based on what the seller tells them. recorded information, and their knowledge of the market and prices. They also charge quite a bit for this service. Most BaT listings have a reserve. About 20% don't make the reserve and don't sell even after BaT tooling.

Edited by DAPY
More info

1 hour ago, DAPY said:

I am familiar with BaT. Their "sponsorship" does get higher prices. They require extensive pictures and they write the copy based on what the seller tells them. recorded information, and their knowledge of the market and prices. They also charge quite a bit for this service. Most BaT listings have a reserve. About 20% don't make the reserve and don't sell even after BaT tooling.

But if you do it yourself as you would need to on Ebay the cost on bat $99. Ebay wants $125. I don't any problem with Ebay, I buy and sell all the time but after seeing what Ron's Avanti brought recently and a couple before it, I'm impressed.

Nothing wrong with listing on Ebay to see if it reaches close a reserve and, if not, try it on bat.

Here's a listing of the last several weeks of Avanti's listed on Ebay. Not many sold but you can pick through the listings to see where the bidding went.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=avanti&_sacat=6001&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Good luck

On eBay, I suggest a good description with a low starting bid, like $1K, to get interest and action started.  Place a reserve at the lowest amount that you can live with.  

EDIT:  As you probably know, purchase price, money spent on a car, value placed for insurance and other such numbers do not establish market price.

Edited by studegary

I sold my '70 Avanti on Bring-A-Trailer and was a bit disappointed with the selling price...but I can't blame that on them.  Maybe it was bad timing on my part...who knows but it is what is.

I tried placing my '02 Avanti on BaT but they rejected it.  They said they didn't believe it would appeal to their buyer base plus they have so many vehicles to sell as it is.  So...it's on eBay.  Hopefully it will find a buyer there.