Power Windows

Twnchgr

Have any of you ? Run in to a intermittents failure of the windows. :( Won't go up or down? They may work one day and not the next? :angry: Have checked all of the power and ground connections. All good, even replaced the relay. But It still happens from time to time. <_<

For whatever its worth, my 1993 Camaro power windows seem to be effected

by temperature, colder it gets slower they move. Very cold .. will move and

than stop moving - dead. Wait 30 seconds and they move again. I had the

window broken by some inbred kids a few years ago, and at the time they had

got to the point of barely working. The shop greased everything and it worked

fine for the last year or so, just now deveoloping the problem again.

Tom

Look for the circuit breaker. Replace it and make sure it's located away from the heat. If it's located in the engine bay where Studebaker originally put it, they learned the heat would affect it. The '63 R1 I used to own had the problem and I relocated the breaker to under the dash.

Look for the circuit breaker. Replace it and make sure it's located away from the heat. If it's located in the engine bay where Studebaker originally put it, they learned the heat would affect it. The '63 R1 I used to own had the problem and I relocated the breaker to under the dash.

Thanks, :) will check that out. I believe its on the fuse block panel. but I will check

DAD GUM GOOFY THING. <_< STARTED WORKING THIS AFTER NOON. :) THE CIRCUT BREAKER IS ON THE FUSE BLOCK. MAY CHANGE IT JUST BECAUSE ITS EASY TO GET TO AND NO WAY TO CHECK IT UNDER LOAD. bUT VOLTAGE ONLY DROPS A TENTH OR TWO WHEN THE WINSDOWS ARE USED. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP. :D