Corvette Guys Are O-K!

mfg

Today we took our '63 Avanti to a local auto show held annually by the New England Corvette Owners Club. .....I only had to work a half day, so was able to get to the show early and get a nice shady parking spot...It was a gorgeous warm, sunny day in the Boston area.

We purchased a few raffle tickets, and I was lucky enough to win an impressive hard-bound Corvette 50th Anniversary book (It weighs about 4lbs!)....I felt kind of funny holding it surrounded by all those rowdy Corvette owners!

However, I later found that they aren't such a bad group, as just when we were about to fire up our R2 Avanti and head for home, there was an announcement over the loudspeaker that our car had won the 'President's Trophy' ,  an award normally given to a Corvette owner!

Lately, on my way to work, I've been eyeballing at a '68 Corvette Convertible advertised for sale......Perhaps now I should get serious about buying it!!........Avanti, Ed

Congratulations on both!   Decades ago, I owned a 1968 Corvette convertible, red, 327-350 HP, 4 speed, etc.  At the time, I had five cars that I rotated between for going to work.  I drove the same route at the same times, but the red Corvette attracted the police.  I had wanted to own a Corvette.  That one cured that desire.  I haven't considered one since, but have owned Avantis since then.    

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mfg said:

Received an invite to next year's event!:) (These guys really think ahead!:o)...Think I'll take the Speedster.....

Are you sure that they were inviting you and not your Avanti (with you along)?  They may not feel the same about your Speedster as you and I do.  I can see their connection to another fiberglass car.

34 minutes ago, studegary said:

Are you sure that they were inviting you and not your Avanti (with you along)?  They may not feel the same about your Speedster as you and I do.  I can see their connection to another fiberglass car.

Gee Gary, and I thought it was my MAGNETIC PERSONALITY they liked.....Do you really think it was just the car all along??:D :D

Had the same thing happen a few years back. Went to a local show sponsored by the local Corvette club at a local apple orchard. I was the 126th car to arrive and they parked the 83 next to the admission entrance. Changed my opinion of my fiberglass brethren. I guess they like t-birds and VW's too.

9Pm2GTp.jpg