Exterior Cleaning products

Stormy

I would like opinions and recommendations for cleaning the exterior of my 1963 Avanti.  The car has it's original white paint in quite good condition. We live in the country and use well water which is quite hard .  Can you suggest soaps, solvents, etc that might work for cleaning the car , trying to be careful of the 56 year old paint ?  Also, can you suggest after washing waxes or similar products that would protect or enhance the finish ?  Thanks, Daryl

Edited by Stormy
another question

Go to Walmart or some other place that sells inexpensive RV water filters that go inline between the outside faucet and the hose.  While not the optimum solution it does work pretty well for the hard water problem.

As far as other products it's far too involved to go into it here with descriptions of what's available and how to use them.  I'd advise go to Griot's Garage website or Autogeek.net...they each have tutorials of products and techniques.  Of course they each promote their own products but the information is excellent.  I'm a big fan of Griot's Garage products but theirs is not the only ones I use.

Edited by Gunslinger

9 hours ago, Stormy said:

Thanks for the advice. 

studegary, I am not sure what DWG is.  Daryl

DWG is Dri Wash n Guard.  A waterless cleaner and protectant.  I use it about once per year and use a Kozak cloth for light cleaning in between.