Honored Avanti!

mfg

The Studebaker Avanti, the Honorary Pace Car for the 1962 Indianapolis '500' Mile Race, was accompanied by .....?.... Studebaker Lark Daytona Convertibles.

1) 10.......2) 15.......3) 20......or.....4) 30

3 hours ago, studegary said:

I should know, but I do not remember.  I usually depend on my memory for these questions, so I will just take a shot at it; 2)15. 

Your memory has always been excellent Gary!:)  However no, fifteen isn't the number.:(

Other thoughts?

There is usually a Pace Car, a back up Pace Car and a car for each driver (in the parade) that are also used by special people.  This would be a minimum of 35, again, none of your answers.  

4 hours ago, studegary said:

There is usually a Pace Car, a back up Pace Car and a car for each driver (in the parade) that are also used by special people.  This would be a minimum of 35, again, none of your answers.  

Good thought Gary, however, the correct answer to this trivia question is my #4...THIRTY (30).

This figure comes directly from the May, 1962 issue of 'The Studebaker Spotlight', Volume 24, a Studebaker Corporation news magazine.

Sorry Gary,:(  but if Studebaker Corp printed it, I'M GOING WITH IT!!:D

5 hours ago, studegary said:

43 minutes ago, mfg said:

Good thought Gary, however, the correct answer to this trivia question is my #4...THIRTY (30).

This figure comes directly from the May, 1962 issue of 'The Studebaker Spotlight', Volume 24, a Studebaker Corporation news magazine.

60844826_1962PaceCars.thumb.jpeg.50df19e9d2f1139980671ab384e5ac0e.jpeg1766238569_paragraphpacecar.jpeg.dcb086a53fef24251496175a098584f5.jpeg2098886998_pacecartitlepage.thumb.jpeg.7ec9601bdfe0fcab29747251281c19be.jpeg

2 hours ago, mfg said:

How about George Krem's research of all of the 1962 Daytona convertible Serial Numbers and coming up with 38 Daytona Pace Cars that were shipped to Indy for the Indy 500?

2 hours ago, studegary said:

How about George Krem's research of all of the 1962 Daytona convertible Serial Numbers and coming up with 38 Daytona Pace Cars that were shipped to Indy for the Indy 500?

Yes, I've heard and read that research....I believe all 38 'Indy' Daytona serial numbers were posted on the SDC Forum a few years ago.

Another source had the total number of these unique Studes at 42!!:o

Be that as it may, some of those cars were definitely diverted to other locations. ( most likely for marketing/promotion opportunities)

The number of Lark Daytona Convertibles that were ACTUALLY sent to the Indianapolis '500' in 1962 was............... 30.:)