Avanti Band-Aid!

mfg

ANSWER.....This connection was in the form of a first-aid travel kit manufactured by Johnson&Johnson, available through Studebaker dealers, designed to promote the brand new (at the time) Hi-Fidelity AM-FM Delco radio!:D

Well, DUH......I knew that. But thought you meant what was the connection between the two companies that would drive them to do the first aid kit. Oh well......:P

2 hours ago, r1lark said:

Well, DUH......I knew that. But thought you meant what was the connection between the two companies that would drive them to do the first aid kit. Oh well......:P

I could have been a bit clearer!:unsure:.....I'm impressed that you knew about this item....I'd never heard of it till I read about it a few days ago!

18 minutes ago, mfg said:

I could have been a bit clearer!:unsure:.....I'm impressed that you knew about this item....I'd never heard of it till I read about it a few days ago!

I was also aware of it.  Many years ago, when at the Studebaker National Museum, I noticed one of these kits labeled as 1958 (IIRC).  I said that wasn't possible because Studebaker first had AM/FM radios for the 1964 model year.  

22 hours ago, mfg said:

My Mom's '64 Challenger 4-door sedan had one in the glovebox. In the old days when it was safe to leave kids in the car at stores, I used to go thru all the things in the glovebox - the owners manual, the accessories manual, the 'love that lark' brochure, and the stuff in the first aid kit. Can't tell you how many times I read that owners manual and accessories manual!