Comfortable Avanti!

mfg

26 minutes ago, mfg said:

What was the device made available by Studebaker for increased interior comfort for Avantis built after serial number R5400? (part # 1562545)

I believe that the answer is the console cooling kit.  I didn't look up that part number, but the part number for the kit to install it in earlier cars is 1562554.

49 minutes ago, studegary said:

I believe that the answer is the console cooling kit.  I didn't look up that part number, but the part number for the kit to install it in earlier cars is 1562554.

Great guess:)....however no, the console cooling kit is not the correct answer here:(.....Anyone else want to give this one a try?

Good try Brad, but that's not it!.....Hey, that's a gorgeous Studebaker Avanti interior...reminds me of the interior in Dick Vaux's R4892.

Anyone else want to give this question a shot?:huh:

wasn't additional padding to the seat for driver and passenger the upgrade?

2 hours ago, MARK said:

wasn't additional padding to the seat for driver and passenger the upgrade?

Thicker bucket seat backrests were introduced in later production '64 Studebaker Avantis......however, that is not what item # 1562545 is!:(

UNCLE??

ANSWER......P/N 1562545 is a clear plastic Powershift floor shift bezel cover, which was designed to keep your hand cool when touching the metal shifter base.:o :)

(introduced after Stude Avanti serial # R5400)

7 hours ago, mfg said:

ANSWER......P/N 1562545 is a clear plastic Powershift floor shift bezel cover, which was designed to keep your hand cool when touching the metal shifter base.:o :)

(introduced after Stude Avanti serial # R5400)

Wow, seems like kind of a cheesy fix. :unsure:

Cheesy fix is correct. When installed I have no idea how it would protect from heat transfer.

Cheesy Fix is correct, how this piece of plastic would help with heat transfer is beyond me. Putting the box over the shifter would probably have been a ckoice

Bob Caser

20190707_104924.jpg