Avanti Coupe!

mfg

During the years of post- Studebaker Avanti production, the original Avanti coupe model was discontinued in model year ......?.......

1)1985........2) 1989......3) 1989 1/2.....or.....4) 1990

36 minutes ago, mfg said:

During the years of post- Studebaker Avanti production, the original Avanti coupe model was discontinued in model year ......?.......

1)1985........2) 1989......3) 1989 1/2.....or.....4) 1990

2) 1989 (Avanti never dealt in half model years}.

EDIT:  Of course we may have different interpretations of "original Avanti coupe".  There were changes all along the way.

Edited by studegary

34 minutes ago, studegary said:

2) 1989 (Avanti never dealt in half model years}.

EDIT:  Of course we may have different interpretations of "original Avanti coupe".  There were changes all along the way.

Sorry, 1989 is not the correct answer to this trivia question.:(

There were no coupes made for the 1990 model year, so I do not believe you could claim that they were discontinued IN that model year.  They were clearly discontinued prior to that model year.  Since you claim that 1989 is incorrect, then you must be fishing for 1985 when some level of change was made to the Avanti coupe, other than the fact that there were no 1986 Avanti coupes. 

3 hours ago, studegary said:

There were no coupes made for the 1990 model year, so I do not believe you could claim that they were discontinued IN that model year.  They were clearly discontinued prior to that model year.  Since you claim that 1989 is incorrect, then you must be fishing for 1985 when some level of change was made to the Avanti coupe, other than the fact that there were no 1986 Avanti coupes. 

For the first model year since the inception of the  Studebaker Avanti , no traditional Avanti coupes were produced in model year 1990. hence, the Avanti coupe was discontinued for model year 1990.

The answer is so clear a caveman could understand it!:D

Seriously Gary, please don't once again start relying on semantics in an attempt to prevail on an answer....That tactic truly gets tiresome.

1 minute ago, mfg said:

For the first model year since the inception of the  Studebaker Avanti , no traditional Avanti coupes were produced in model year 1990. hence, the Avanti coupe was discontinued for model year 1990.

The answer is so clear a caveman could understand it!:D

Seriously Gary, please don't once again start relying on semantics in an attempt to prevail on an answer....That tactic truly gets tiresome.

Yes, I will call on semantics.  I agree that Avanti coupes were discontinued FOR model year 1990, not IN model year 1990 as in your original question.  

15 minutes ago, studegary said:

Yes, I will call on semantics.  I agree that Avanti coupes were discontinued FOR model year 1990, not IN model year 1990 as in your original question.  

Always nice to hear from you Gary!:D

Edited by mfg