Avanti Dates!

mfg

42 minutes ago, mfg said:

In the world of Avanti automobiles, what do the dates 12/9/63 and 8/16/87 have in common?

Announcements of the end of Studebaker Avanti production and the restart of Avanti production. 

57 minutes ago, mfg said:

In the world of Avanti automobiles, what do the dates 12/9/63 and 8/16/87 have in common?

My new answer.  The announcement of the end of Avanti production in South Bend and the announcement of the restart of Avanti production in South Bend (even though I think that the second date was 8/15/87).

16 minutes ago, studegary said:

My new answer.  The announcement of the end of Avanti production in South Bend and the announcement of the restart of Avanti production in South Bend (even though I think that the second date was 8/15/87).

32 minutes ago, studegary said:

Announcements of the end of Studebaker Avanti production and the restart of Avanti production. 

Sorry , both of your answers are incorrect.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Dec 9, 1963 is the date Studebaker Corporation announced the closure of the South Bend vehicle assembly operations.

August 16, 1987 is, I'm guessing, the date when it was announced that the Avanti factory in South Bend was closing with production being moved to Youngstown, OH.

3 hours ago, scottgriggs said:

Dec 9, 1963 is the date Studebaker Corporation announced the closure of the South Bend vehicle assembly operations.

August 16, 1987 is, I'm guessing, the date when it was announced that the Avanti factory in South Bend was closing with production being moved to Youngstown, OH.

Yes, that's it exactly!:)

On 5/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, studegary said:

This must have been one of the times that I inputted too quick.  I meant to say it was the two times that it was announced that Avanti production was ending in South Bend.  I still think that the second date was 8/15/87.

21 hours ago, studegary said:

This must have been one of the times that I inputted too quick.  I meant to say it was the two times that it was announced that Avanti production was ending in South Bend.  I still think that the second date was 8/15/87.

CORRECTION!:o....The end of Avanti automobile production in South Bend Indiana happened on August 15th, 1987.

Edited by mfg

16 hours ago, studegary said:

16 hours ago, mfg said:

Mr. Fred K. Fox says it was 8/16/87 Gary.....Nuff said!!:D

Gary is correct.

The announcement was August 15th, 1987.

967546179_AvantiAnnouncement.thumb.jpg.45bfcdd0f9f170719d0dbee19836b3f5.jpg

4 hours ago, Regnalbob said:

Gary is correct.

The announcement was August 15th, 1987.

967546179_AvantiAnnouncement.thumb.jpg.45bfcdd0f9f170719d0dbee19836b3f5.jpg

Bob,....Oh-oh....I'll let you tell Fred!:o

And it's very refreshing to see that you're "Studebaker Forum Mentality" is disappearing!:)

Edited by mfg