Avanti X89!

mfg

AC-3311 is the number for the late '62 thru '64 V8 spin on oil filter cartridge................but not sure why this would be called out specifically on the Production Order??

16 minutes ago, studegary said:

Perhaps this is eliminating the spin on, full flow system, oil filter for a right hand drive 

Its obviously not rhd, but maybe the X89 has some effect on how the code is read.

Pb

1 hour ago, 1963r2 said:

Its obviously not rhd, but maybe the X89 has some effect on how the code is read.

Pb

I was referring to a right hand drive Avanti where there isn't room for that oil filter.

EDIT:  In thinking about it, there may not have been any right hand drive Avantis assembled, but maybe they had a provision for it.  

Edited by studegary

There have certainly been a few converted to Rhd but I'm not aware of any being produced at the factory.

I take your point though, I assume all Rhd studes had that option available to them. 

20 hours ago, r1lark said:

AC-3311 is the number for the late '62 thru '64 V8 spin on oil filter cartridge................but not sure why this would be called out specifically on the Production Order??

Close enough Paul!:).....This option was listed on the Fleming Avanti (63R1728), and it simply means that it was factory equipped with a full-flow oil cartridge...(Weren't they all??)

On 5/1/2019 at 5:52 PM, mfg said:

If a 1963 Studebaker Avanti's P.O. shows "X89 AC-3311", what would that indicate?

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Close enough Paul!:).....This option was listed on the Fleming Avanti (63R1728), and it simply means that it was factory equipped with a full-flow oil cartridge...(Weren't they all??)

X indicates it is not factory installed. Codes for seat belts for example are preceded by an X.

X89 AC-3311 means the factory furnished a replacement oil filter with the car.

The item #46 "WET BATTERY" mention (on the Fleming Avanti P.O.) probably indicates the car's storage battery either wasn't connected, or shipped inside the car (in the 'boot'!:D)