Updated forum software and server

lschuc

In order to get better service from our web hosting provider and much better features and website security, I backed up our AOAI Avanti forum and database early last week and transferred everything to a new, faster and more secure web server and finally got everything changed over and online.   

But because there was about a week delay in getting the forum and the rest of the AOAI website working from the new web server, any forum topics from the last week are not included. The latest posts are from March 31 and April 1, depending on the category.   

I am sorry that some topics or replies from the last week or two are not available, but in the long run, we should see a much better and secure website, both for this forum, as well as the main AOAI.org website and also the new, improved and more secure shopping system at aoai.org/shop .  

You may remember last month with the forum and the rest of our websites were offline for a few days because of hackers that loaded malware into our systems.  I got the site cleaned up and operating again, but decided to install new version of our shopping system and forum making them more secure, as well as moving to new web servers with more built-in security features and faster response time.

Friday, April 26 update: After applying a software update early Wednesday morning, the update stalled and blew up the forum files.  I got everything restored to the forum early this morning  and the forum is back online.  But like I mentioned Wednesday before the forum went down, there are forum topics that are not here between April 1 and April 23, the time it took to get everything in place, for the regular website, aoai.org, and the new, improved and more secure internet shopping system.

There are still a number of housekeeping items I need to do on the site, but hoping you all have the site available for a long time! 

Again, I'm sorry for any delay or inconvenience. Hoping for better service in the long run.

Lew

It is now 10 am Tuesday, April 30 and was up very late (or early this morning) fixing a number of issues with tech support from the very good people at our software supplier.   It seems that everything is fixed and working.   I am still testing, but think we're over the hurdle.

Lew

Lew - I just discovered something else.  I can get to the AOAI Forum by going directly to it, as I just did.  If I go to the AOAI home page and click on the AOAI Forum tab, it doesn't take me anywhere (the SDC Forum tab does take me to the SDC Forum).  

• lschuc unpinned this topic