seat covers

arkus

the recaro front seats of my '83 need to be redone. i found a site that has the covers but they state specifically for 1980. is there any way to acertain if there were differences from '80 thru '83? at $299.00 a set that's around a grand less than i have been quoted to have them custom made! thanks for any help.

21 hours ago, arkus said:

the recaro front seats of my '83 need to be redone. i found a site that has the covers but they state specifically for 1980. is there any way to acertain if there were differences from '80 thru '83? at $299.00 a set that's around a grand less than i have been quoted to have them custom made! thanks for any help.

Why not post photos of your seats? My guess is they are the same as the '80 seats, but that's only a guess.

I believe the vendor you are referring to is Lseat. I recently sold an '80 Avanti and the new owner sent the old covers to Lseat to use for patterns.

If your seats look like the photo I'm uploading, then chances are they fit... but ask Lseat if they have a restocking fee for returns (assuming they'll take returns).

Or, remove the covers off one of your seats and send it to Lseat to have them make a comparison to their patterns (assuming they'll agree to return them if they don't match), maybe they'll give you a discount for giving them both covers if they want the pattern.

IMGP0061_1024x768.thumb.JPG.cbce4d60d3819b0e7defa48d05cadaf3.JPG

wayne, they appear to be identical. yes it was l-seat, i'll call them next week and see what i can learn. certainly appreciate your help. thanks very much!

• 2 months later...

The Recaros I had in my '70 I recently sold had the front that extended out.  I found them at the York swap meet about ten years ago...I don't know what year Avanti they came from.