Weighty Avanti!

mfg

9 hours ago, mfg said:

The factory 'shipping weight' of a 1963 Studebaker Avanti included coolant and engine oil, however it did not include gasoline........True?

I will say false.  I think that the weight accounts for the small amount of gasoline that was in the Avanti to test it, drive it off the  line and drive it onto and off of a transporter.  

14 hours ago, studegary said:

I will say false.  I think that the weight accounts for the small amount of gasoline that was in the Avanti to test it, drive it off the  line and drive it onto and off of a transporter.  

False is correct here,:) however, not for the reason you state.:(

Anyone else have any thoughts?

On 3/2/2019 at 10:27 AM, mfg said:

The factory 'shipping weight' of a 1963 Studebaker Avanti included coolant and engine oil, however it did not include gasoline........True?

ANSWER....False!...The factory shipping weight of a Studebaker Avanti excluded radiator coolant, engine oil, AND gasoline!:o

On 3/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, NHcamper said:

They calculated the weight of a full tank of gas into the shipping weight even though it wasn’t full when it was shipped to the dealership?

Shipping weights were for standard equipment only and did not include water, engine oil,  and gasoline.

834319776_ShippingWeight.thumb.jpeg.ce70c49fc180dcd758dd4d13e8eb5abb.jpeg

On 3/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, Regnalbob said:

Shipping weights were for standard equipment only and did not include water, engine oil,  and gasoline.

834319776_ShippingWeight.thumb.jpeg.ce70c49fc180dcd758dd4d13e8eb5abb.jpeg

Wow Bob!...this time you didn't 'nit pick' my answer.....Is it possible that you are indeed losing some of that "Studebaker Forum Mentality"??:D