Avanti Paint!

mfg

In model year 2002, factory applied 'special' exterior paint colors for Avanti automobiles could cost up to an additional......?...... dollars.

1) 1,500......2)3,000......3) 6,500......or.....4) 10,000

1 hour ago, mfg said:

In model year 2002, factory applied 'special' exterior paint colors for Avanti automobiles could cost up to an additional......?...... dollars.

1) 1,500......2)3,000......3) 6,500......or.....4) 10,000

I will say 3) 6,500 since it would mean painting much more than just the exterior surfaces (such as door jambs).  

4 minutes ago, studegary said:

Maybe it was as low as $1500 and all the extra that they did was repaint the door jambs and perhaps in part of the trunk. 

Sorry, your $1500 answer is incorrect:(.......CORRECT ANSWER ...$10,000

28 minutes ago, mfg said:

Sorry, your $1500 answer is incorrect:(.......CORRECT ANSWER ...$10,000

WOW!  I wonder why.  Perhaps the key is in the "...up to..." part of your question.  

On 2/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, studegary said:

WOW!  I wonder why.  Perhaps the key is in the "...up to..." part of your question.  

I believe it was the Halequin Mystic Blue-to-Red paint job on what Mike Kelly described as the most expensive Avanti ever produced.

And I don't think he just meant the 2002 models!:o

8 hours ago, mfg said:

I believe it was the Halequin Mystic Blue-to-Red paint job on what Mike Kelly described as the most expensive Avanti ever produced.

And I don't think he just meant the 2002 models!:o

Does that car still exist?

I redid a door handle on an AVX that was Harlequin gold to red. The paint was 200 something for 2 ounces. The cost for a gallon would be over $5000. The paint supply house still tells people I got the most expensive paint he ever mixed for anyone.

I cost out a beautiful red pearl paint I would love to do an Avanti in someday, but, it is over $2000 a gallon

14 minutes ago, brad said:

I redid a door handle on an AVX that was Harlequin gold to red. The paint was 200 something for 2 ounces. The cost for a gallon would be over $5000. The paint supply house still tells people I got the most expensive paint he ever mixed for anyone.

I cost out a beautiful red pearl paint I would love to do an Avanti in someday, but, it is over $2000 a gallon

Wow Brad, that cost is unreal!....What ever could make ANY paint cost that much?...I really don't get it!!  (And I remember a time when a pint of factory packaged Lucite cost around seven to eight DOLLARS!!):D....Ed

30 minutes ago, brad said:

Which of the three completed AVXs had that paint job?  

11 hours ago, brad said:

it was Steve James AVX convertible.

Thanks.  I knew that Steve James had two 1964s and a 2006 Avanti convertible.  I didn't know that he owns/owned one of the three AVXs.