1963 STUDEBAKER AVANTI R1

craigjung

Yes...the seller states it's an R1 when it's clearly an R2...is it a transplant or did someone add a supercharger to an R1 engine?  It has a '64 interior...is it genuine or retrofitted?  

It certainly looks like a nice car but there's a lot of questions to be answered before ponying up any kind of money...and he's asking a lot.

The seller states in his video that it's an R1 with a 'correct' supercharger system added.....which always brings up the question of whether or not the heads were also changed?:huh:

You could always go see the car and test drive it.  Wind it out and if the engine blows you'll know it still has the R1 heads...then you can hand the keys back and say "Sorry...not interested anymore."

I will add my two cents worth.  To me, the price is very high for a modified car with nothing done to the chassis.  It appears that most of its miles were in Wisconsin.  I have never seen a two-tone supercharger before.  The hood and front panel do not appear to be the same paint.  The guy is supposedly a car expert, yet the interior is listed as "leather".   

10 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

You could always go see the car and test drive it.  Wind it out and if the engine blows you'll know it still has the R1 heads...then you can hand the keys back and say "Sorry...not interested anymore."

LOL...Oh yea....he'll love that. 

Yes, the Phoenix/Scottsdale collector car market goes nuts each year just prior to and during Barrett-Jackson week.  Anyone even thinking about selling his car posts it on line with a wishful thinking price.  Just maybe one of those rich bidders will be looking on line and land on a car not at the auction.

jack vines

4 minutes ago, PackardV8 said:

Yes, the Phoenix/Scottsdale collector car market goes nuts each year just prior to and during Barrett-Jackson week.  Anyone even thinking about selling his car posts it on line with a wishful thinking price.  Just maybe one of those rich bidders will be looking on line and land on a car not at the auction.

jack vines

I agree....see it all the time.