1989 for sale

Ron Morrison

Apparently Mr. Morrison removed the for sale ad which he posted yesterday......That's too bad, as I know Mr. Morrison, a class individual, and I'm very familiar with the 1989 Avanti Coupe he has for sale....It's one of the nicest '89's in the country.

This was Mr. Morrison's first post on this forum.......No doubt the rather blunt post which followed Mr. Morrison's had something to do with him pulling the ad.:(

As most of us who use this forum wish to see it expand and prosper, it wouldn't hurt to express our opinions a bit more politely.....would it??

There is a difference between blunt and concise. Gary was concise, blunt would be "Wrong forum, move it"!!

Hopefully Mr. Morrison will come back and participate in the forum if he keeps his Avanti but information shared in a concise form shouldn't be considered an attack on anyone by anyone.

It won't be a forum that will expand and prosper if everyone that posts is always watching their back to see if there comments are taken as an attack. 

23 minutes ago, Avanti83 said:

There is a difference between blunt and concise. Gary was concise, blunt would be "Wrong forum, move it"!!

Hopefully Mr. Morrison will come back and participate in the forum if he keeps his Avanti but information shared in a concise form shouldn't be considered an attack on anyone by anyone.

It won't be a forum that will expand and prosper if everyone that posts is always watching their back to see if there comments are taken as an attack. 

You're certainly entitled to your opinion Bob, however, I completely disagree......As I stated before, that post was 'blunt'.....especially directed to someone new to this forum!

Wouldn't first welcoming a new member to this forum....and then SUGGESTING that his ad may reach more people if placed in the "Avantis For Sale" section have been a bit more appropriate?.....I think so.

Anyway, if any one out there would like to speak to Ron about his absolutely beautiful 1989 Avanti, post me on this forum and I'll put you in touch!:)

Before posting anything, I looked to see if he was new to the Forum.  He is not new, he joined the Forum July 2, 2017.  This was his first post, but he had a year and a half to become familiar with the Forum before posting.  MFG/Ed, you are a fine one to be critical of someone being direct.  I wasn't trying to discourage him.  I just wanted the ad to be posted in the For Sale section where he would have the best exposure for selling his Avanti.    

On 1/14/2019 at 10:37 PM, studegary said:

Before posting anything, I looked to see if he was new to the Forum.  He is not new, he joined the Forum July 2, 2017.  This was his first post, but he had a year and a half to become familiar with the Forum before posting.  MFG/Ed, you are a fine one to be critical of someone being direct.  I wasn't trying to discourage him.  I just wanted the ad to be posted in the For Sale section where he would have the best exposure for selling his Avanti.    

I'm simply asking that, in the future, you express your thoughts with a little more empathy.

Edited by mfg

The owner of this 1989 Avanti Coupe is a REAL Studebaker/Avanti man!......In 1989, he ordered a "Black on Black" Avanti Coupe from the factory....He kept it about ten years before he sold it, using it as an everyday driver.

A few years later (2002) he ordered another new Avanti from the factory, this time a blue convertible with a tan top...NICE!...He (I believe) still owns that 2002 model, which has also served as his everyday driver.

This red 1989 Coupe, which he now has for sale on e-bay, was purchased by him about four years ago simply because it was 'like new'...a nice 'show car'!:)

Around four years ago I seriously considered purchasing this Avanti myself. (before Ron Morrison bought it)

Ron and I both know its prior owner very well.

Truth be told, if I had purchased it then, (and at the time the price was extremely fair), I would have had to place it into everyday service as a more modern replacement for my good old '83 Avanti 'everyday driver'......................

However, I felt then and I feel now that this '89 Avanti coupe is just too special a car for everyday summer/winter use!........It's simply too nice for that!......Ed:)

Edited by mfg

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Did this Avanti belong to the long time Studebaker guy who is/was a shoe designer and lives/lived in the Boston area (his name escapes me just now)? 

You're speaking of long time Studebaker/Avanti fan, and my good friend, Wayne Mullin......No, Wayne never owned this '89 coupe, however, he did own an equally nice 'claret' (wine colored) '89 Avanti coupe which he sold about ten years ago....That low-mileage '89 Avanti is now owned by an AOAI member living in New York.

Wayne now owns a pristine 1980 'silver' Avanti ll w/burgundy leather interior, which he purchased after selling his Colonial Yellow (and equally nice) 1981 Avanti ll last year!

AND GET THIS.....Wayne sold the yellow '81 to the fellow who sold this red 1989 Avanti coupe  (now on e-bay) to Ron Morrison four years ago!:o

SMALL AVANTI WORLD!!!!!!........Ed:D

4 hours ago, studegary said:

Ed - Not an Avanti, but I sold my low mileage 1963 Daytona Skytop hardtop to Wayne.  I understand that that car is now in Australia.  

Yes, when the Skytop came up for sale a few years ago Wayne went to look at its (then) current condition....He said it still was in nice shape and he came very close to buying the car back!

Lack of storage space was the decider, and Wayne finally decided to pass on it.....And yes, the Skytop was indeed finally purchased by a fellow from Austrailia (where many, many nice Studes and Avantis have gone!).....Ed:)