Avanti Fans!

mfg

3 hours ago, mfg said:

Studebaker offered ......?....... different engine fans for the Avanti.

1) Only one.......2) Two......3) Three....or.....4) Four

I will say 2) Two - the standard one and the heavy duty one as standard on R3 engines.

I had a non-viscous fan on mine when I got it but am not sure if that was correct for the car or done during its rebuild back in the 80's. I have since installed the viscous clutch but the fan I was sent did not fit so I went aftermarket for now. I do know you can't use a non-viscous fan on a viscous clutch so I am not sure how that might affect this question...  Over the 2 years it could be 4 different types.

5 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

I had a non-viscous fan on mine when I got it but am not sure if that was correct for the car or done during its rebuild back in the 80's. I have since installed the viscous clutch but the fan I was sent did not fit so I went aftermarket for now. I do know you can't use a non-viscous fan on a viscous clutch so I am not sure how that might affect this question...  Over the 2 years it could be 4 different types.

I believe three fans were offered by Studebaker for the Avanti Norm, the part numbers are as follows------------

p/n 1555021.......1560547.....and.....1563111..................Ed:)