Passenger rear wheel

Cbitz233

Does it stay in the same position when you rotate the wheel/tire?  Possibly you have a bent axle (that may be ready to break).  Find out what is causing this before driving any more. It wouldn't be anything "inside the drum".  It could be something between the drum and rim/wheel.  Just remove the wheel to find out if that is the case.

I agree with Gary.....Lift rear of the car (both rear wheels off ground with jackstands under rear axle), block front wheels, and then let car idle in 'drive' to check for an actual 'wobble' in either rear wheel......This might turn out to be an optical illusion!:o

I don't know if it's camera distortion or a bent rim/axle but the wheel does look distorted. As suggested above, up on jack stands and turn both wheels. You can do it by hand if the car's in neutral and look for run out. I'm also in favor of running it in gear unless you are nervous. If you see differences, put to other rear wheel on the axle in question and see if it's still an issue. That will tell you if it's the wheel or axle assembly issue as stated above. I personally don't think one bad wheel stud would cause this as that would leave four others to provide clamping force.

Good luck.

Seems to me that either the left rear wheel wobbles when the car is driven (something wedged between the wheel and the axle end, or a bent wheel), or else the right wheel is also cocked at an angle (axle/differential unit is not square with the frame rails). If neither of those is true, and the wheel on the right seems properly-aligned with the body, then the body was damaged on the left side and incorrectly repaired.

Looking at your picture, it appears to me the wheel may be bent because the spinner/cap appears to be protruding straight out whereas the wheel looks misaligned with the spinner (cocked); if that's so, the wheel would be wobbling when the car moves. Have the wheel balanced, that should make a bent wheel immediately obvious to the tech doing the balance.