" Kick panels"

schuyler

On page F-220 of the Avanti Authenticity Manual ( great resource ) the top picture shows the drivers side footwell. On the left side of that picture is what I refer to as the kick panel. At the top of the air vent is a covering. These "coverings" appear on both the driver and passenger footwells. Are these vinyl covered cardboard, vinyl covered plastic or what? How are they held in position? I assume they are the same color as the seats? Are they available from any venders? Thank you for your thoughts and Happy Holidays!

It depends on the serial #. Early versions were vinyl, and carpet glued to a carboard inset about 1/2 width of the panel. The carpet, and vinyl were separated by a stainless trim piece screwed to the panel after installation. Later versions were all carpet, and also had a plastic grille screwed over the vent opening.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, schuyler said:

On page F-220 of the Avanti Authenticity Manual ( great resource ) the top picture shows the drivers side footwell. On the left side of that picture is what I refer to as the kick panel. At the top of the air vent is a covering. These "coverings" appear on both the driver and passenger footwells. Are these vinyl covered cardboard, vinyl covered plastic or what? How are they held in position? I assume they are the same color as the seats? Are they available from any venders? Thank you for your thoughts and Happy Holidays!

Your 1963 Studebaker Avanti would have the vinyl & carpet kick panels....The vinyl should indeed be the color of the seats, and the carpeting should, of course, match the floor carpeting.

As far as I know, completely upholstered (vinyl/carpet) kick panels are not yet available from our vendors.:(