First RQB!

mfg

5 minutes ago, mfg said:

The first 'RQB' model Avanti ll was/is serial number RQB....?.......

1) 0100......2) 0125.......3) 0150 ....or.....4) 0175

None of the above.  I believe that it was RQB 1501.    

i agree with gary. per john hull rqb numbers ranged from 1501 thru 4244. unless this is a trick question your numbers would be rqa numbers from mid 1966 thru the beginning of 1968.

Of the four choices in the above trivia question, #3 is supposed to be the correct answer, however, I agree with Gary and arkus that these numbers sound 'off'!

Also, it's difficult to disagree with any of John Hull's in depth research concerning Avanti automobiles!

The problem here is that the answer I'm calling correct...RQB0150.... came from an interesting article on the subject authored by John Hull in the spring, 1992 edition of Avanti Magazine (issue # 80)

Could there be two John Hull's?

Or could John Hull be right AND wrong?...........Comments welcome!:)

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Of the four choices in the above trivia question, #3 is supposed to be the correct answer, however, I agree with Gary and arkus that these numbers sound 'off'!

Also, it's difficult to disagree with any of John Hull's in depth research concerning Avanti automobiles!

The problem here is that the answer I'm calling correct...RQB0150.... came from an interesting article on the subject authored by John Hull in the spring, 1992 edition of Avanti Magazine (issue # 80)

Could there be two John Hull's?

Or could John Hull be right AND wrong?...........Comments welcome!:)

I think that was just a typo or error with a similar number (0150 & 1500).  Some used to think that 1500 was the first RQB, but I believe that the numbers really started with 1501.  Effective Jan. 1, 1970, the S/N designation was changed to RQB.  A 0150 number would have been back in 1967.  

3 hours ago, studegary said:

I think that was just a typo or error with a similar number (0150 & 1500).  Some used to think that 1500 was the first RQB, but I believe that the numbers really started with 1501.  Effective Jan. 1, 1970, the S/N designation was changed to RQB.  A 0150 number would have been back in 1967.  

Not necessarily Gary, as the "B" numbers were not in sequence with the "A" numbers!:o.............I'll re-check that article tomorrow...the magazine is at work.

13 hours ago, mfg said:

Not necessarily Gary, as the "B" numbers were not in sequence with the "A" numbers!:o.............I'll re-check that article tomorrow...the magazine is at work.

Yes, I understand that (did not follow in sequence).  I am just saying where those particular numbers would fall.

After re-reading John Hull's 1992 article at lunchtime today, I'm convinced that he meant RQB1500 (not 0150)..... The only question I have is whether or not the first RQB Avanti was/is 1500 or 1501...........

I do not see either car in the AOAI rosters which I have in my possession......Ed:)

(So, at this point, the correct answer to this trivia question, in all probability, is either RQB1500 or RQB1501)