1990 Avanti key blanks

craigjung

1 hour ago, Stacey said:

My 1991 key shows a GM logo? Do they come with a Avanti logo from the factory?

I'm not exactly sure Stacey. The 2 keys I have say Avanti but they are definitely GM keys.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a blank ignition key for the 1987 Avanti. It looks like a GM key, with square head, but has the Avanti script logo on the head.   It should work for 1988 and 1989 and 1990 models, although slight modifications may be needed.

Also have a bunch of trunk/glove box/console keys with the Avanti script logo.  These are the GM style key with the round head, typically used for truck latches.

I can sell them for $5 each.   ONLY 3 ignition keys left, but many of the trunk keys.

Lew

Hi Lew,

That's great!! Thanks for letting me know. I'll buy 2 ignition and 2 trunk keys. Do you accept Paypal or how would you like me to pay you? Thanks, Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at the local old time key and lock shop here in town. The owner had thought he might have had some with the Avanti logo, we looked for about 1 hour going up and down the rows of keys and could not find them. Left him my name and phone number incase he finds any. Also the second set of keys I got with my convertible, has the Avanti logo on them. never noticed as I don't use that set.   

Stacey,  I don't have any more ignition keys with the Avanti logo in the head of the key, but have more trunk/console keys with a round head.. These also have the Avanti logo. there is a slight difference in the main part of the key, but can probably be made to work in the doors and ignition with a little modification, mostly just filing the long groove in the side of the key, although depending on your car, that may not be neccessary.

Lew

• 3 months later...